The Saffron Room
Welcome to the saffron room the most expensive spice in the world, luckily your room isn’t. Some fun facts, to make 1 gram of dried saffron you need approx. 150 flowers…Cleopatra uses to use saffron as a type of cosmetic, In order to cure hang overs, Romans would sleep with expensive pillows that were stuffed with saffron. Well you won’t find that in your pillows but we do have paracetamol if you need one. It was that last malt that did it.
- Twin Beds
- En suite shower bathroom
- We offer a continental breakfast between 7.30 & 9am this is included in your room rate.
- Upgrade for just $12 and get stuck into Eggs & Bacon. Please advise the night before.
- Free WI-Fi, instant coffee/tea and a hairdryer in room.
- We offer our guests a $15 tasty packed lunch, this consists of a gourmet sandwich, locally grown Otago fruit and a sweet treat. Please order the day before or the chef gets grumpy.
- If you are staying more than one night with us please let us know if you would like your room serviced. Or leave your dirty towels outside your room and we will swop them for clean ones.
- Check out time is 10am. (If you need a late check-out please let us know)
- If you wish to dine with us please book in ASAP as the restaurant has become a must do destination due to the fact we have an executive chef who will be cooking for you. Not only is it popular with travellers but also with the locals.