The Thyme Room
As blue as the magnificent Thyme hills that surround the Blacks Hotel. The Thyme or Time room should I say was great fun to paint and decorate…did you know…Thyme was used for the process of mummification in ancient Egypt. Thyme was the herb that was burned in sickrooms to help stop the spread of disease. During the Middle Ages in Europe ThymeE was thought to ward off nightmares if placed under the pillow. It’s also a good source of vitamin C. So please feel free to gather some Thyme from the surrounding hills if you feel the need.
- Twin Beds
- En suite shower bathroom
- We offer a continental breakfast between 7.30 & 9am this is included in your room rate.
- Upgrade for just $12 and get stuck into Eggs & Bacon. Please advise the night before.
- Free WI-Fi, instant coffee/tea and a hairdryer in room.
- We offer our guests a $15 tasty packed lunch, this consists of a gourmet sandwich, locally grown Otago fruit and a sweet treat. Please order the day before or the chef gets grumpy.
- If you are staying more than one night with us please let us know if you would like your room serviced. Or leave your dirty towels outside your room and we will swop them for clean ones.
- Check out time is 10am. (If you need a late check-out please let us know)
- If you wish to dine with us please book in ASAP as the restaurant has become a must do destination due to the fact we have an executive chef who will be cooking for you. Not only is it popular with travellers but also with the locals.